WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.
One of my favorite styles. It was also one reason I loved shopping at Henri Bendels in NYC. What a glorious building it was.
ReplyDeleteLovely.
ReplyDeleteThis is where the 2 lobes of my brain are separate in their appreciation of art. Nouveau can be overly ornate and busy at times, but the craftmanship that went into the realization of this art form is amazing, and the flowing curvilinear movement of form somehow creates a sense of peace and calm. Then comes Deco, which the other lobe gets off on. Straight lines, bold geometric shapes, it screams the Modern Age in art and architecture. Something for everyone.
ReplyDeleteSo ornate, yet so elegant with curving lines.
ReplyDeleteBeauté fluide et très fleuri !
ReplyDeleteL’Art nouveau a débuté à Bruxelles avant de se répandre à travers l’Europe. Chaque pays a intégré son propre style national.
On le trouve à Bruxelles, Paris, Vienne, Prague, Riga, Helsinki, Saint-Pétersbourg, Milan, Barcelone et Glasgow.
Horta, Gaudi, Guimard, Montaner, MacIntosh et Wagner étaient les tenants de ce style.
-Beau Mec à Deauville
I also loved Henri Bendels.
ReplyDelete