WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

2024.0416.0003...

1930s/40s Multi-Family




It's curious to me why the unit in the upper-left corner of this last plan has two bathrooms, yet only one bedroom.

6 comments:

uptonking said...

I adore floor plans. So exciting...

Xersex said...

very nice homes

Unashamed Male said...

I've commented before on floor plans with a large dining room and small kitchen. These apartment plans have dinettes (sensible for saving space) but the kitchens are ridiculous. In the last plan, the kitchenette of the "Sharon" spans a single wall 6 feet across, according to the scale provided. 6 feet is not enough to fit a stove, sink, and refrigerator, never mind having zero counter space. The "kitchen unit" of the companion plan, the "Ford", is a single wall perhaps 7 feet across. And yes, I know that back then some kitchens had iceboxes instead of refrigerators, but even an icebox must take up some space. Unbelievable!

MassiveDick said...

In the one bedroom with two baths Ford unit, the large closet and bath that open into the livingroom would serve a smaller second bedroom by adding a wall across the livingroom at the door to the bath. It's often called a "convertible two bedroom" in apartment living. The Pullman kitchen units aren't as common in contemporary construction as they were back then, but you'd be amazed at the efficiency and style some have these days.

SickoRicko said...

Dick - I rather imagined that extra bath was for something like that arrangement.

VoenixRising said...

I love the human scale of these early-to-mid-century designs. I could see us living in any number of them.

It is kind of odd how all the bedrooms in The Ford have their own outside entrances, however.