WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Sunday, June 20, 2021

2021.0620.0002...

British Soldiers (interrupted during drag show rehearsals by a German raid) manning a BL 6-inch Mk VII naval gun at Shornemead Fort, England in 1940

(This photo has been colorized.)

For an extensive article with many, many more (B&W) photos, go to...

When fighting the Germans was a drag: Photos emerge showing Brit troops manning guns in WOMEN'S clothes

NOTE: I do not use an ad-blocker because too many sites wouldn't let me view it unless I turned that off, so I don't use it at all. I just put up with the ads.

So I must warn you: The link is to the Daily Mail online, so they can be trusted, but they have lots of annoying ads.

4 comments:

Unashamed Male said...

I love it. It made me imagine "The Guns of Navarone" with the German soldiers in drag, and then the director deciding to cut those scenes, lest they give the wrong impression.

SickoRicko said...

Unashamed Male - I was hoping you'd see this post.

uptonking said...

The Daily Mail site is awful. I stopped reading their stuff because of their pop ups and ads and their whole take on certain subjects. I adore that photo, though. And the thought of it. Truly amazing. Thanks for the bit of history (probably not taught in Texas, though).

SickoRicko said...

uptonking - I'm sure it's not.