WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Saturday, March 13, 2021

2021.0313.0003...

For some reason this flabergasts me...


The Parthenon in Centennial Park, in Nashville, Tennessee, is a full-scale replica of the original Parthenon in Athens. It was designed by architect William Crawford Smith and built in 1897 as part of the Tennessee Centennial Exposition.

For more info, link HERE.

8 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

It's been decades since the Gods were thought of. Im sure Athena would love the statue.

JiEL said...

So «American»....

After reading the Wikipedia text, I didn't see if the architect did it exactly like the Ancien Greeks did it.

Did they respected the geometric tricks the Greeks used to make it look well from a lower point of view ?
Also, did they've constructed the colums the same way the Greeks did them?

whkattk said...

I've seen them both - up close and personal. This one doesn't compare to the real thing. 😊

uptonking said...

I saw the real one. Not nearly so nice as this. :)

SickoRicko said...

JiEL - I have no idea about the exactitude of this replica.

Chris A said...

I've heard of the replica before, but I didn't know they tried to do the interior as well. I had read that the original had a huge statue of Athena in ivory and gold with a shield. Now I want to go to Tennessee and see it for myself!

SickoRicko said...

Chris A - Ugh, Tennessee.

Xersex said...

Brilliant ingenuos!