WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Saturday, February 13, 2021

2021.0213.0007...

Click on headline to read article...

Smallpox and the photos anti-vaxxers don’t want you to see

It was one of the deadliest diseases known to mankind and while debate still thrives today, this photo proves one point. WARNING: Graphic

It was one of the deadliest and most contagious diseases known to humankind.

Smallpox killed over half a billion people in the 20th century alone — three times the number of deaths from all of the century’s wars combined.

It began with flu-like symptoms, progressing to an horrendous rash consisting of deep sores, filled with fluid that would blister, ooze, crust and scab over, leaving permanent scars on those lucky enough to survive. Just one teaspoon of smallpox virus is enough to infect every man, woman and child on earth.

But then a miracle — British doctor Edward Jenner created a vaccine after noticing that the milk maids (the women who milked the cows) who had been infected with “cow pox” never contracted smallpox.

This month marks the 270th birthday of Dr Jenner, known as the pioneer of vaccination who arguably saved more lives than anyone else in history. And yet, despite saving countless lives, he still had to deal with the early “anti-vaxx” movement where in 1796 as well as 2019, the boundaries between opinion and fact are often blurred.


11 comments:

Luv chocolate said...

People need to listen to doctors and science not loud mouth politicians!

SickoRicko said...

Luv chocolate - Absolutely!

uptonking said...

Eeek. So sad. I don't know how people become so detached from reality that they stop listening to common sense.

SickoRicko said...

uptonking - It's the dumbing down side effect.

Milleson said...

Everyone, Take Luv Chocolate's advice and use your brain and common sense. Bill and Melinda Gates are not wanting to implant a tracking microchip in you with the covid vaccine. See how silly you'd sound if you repeated that sentence? Besides, if you own a cell phone, you're already being tracked, every movement you make. And another besides, I think we're all just a little too insignificant for anyone to care about our locations. Get smart, get these injections and live. Millions of lives have been saved and will be saved because of these vaccines.

BatRedneck said...

I fully agree.

I have recently had a conversation with my my older brother and his wife and was astonished to learn they did not intend to get vaccinated!

I too told them about the vaccines like anti-smallpox that changed the course of human health.

They are past 70 years old and therefore part of the population at risk.
I reminded them what I went through, alone at home, when I contracted the Covid almost a year ago, and that I felt every minute of every day like it was my last breath.
That not to get vaccined would make them become a living threat to others.
To no avail.
They are stuck on the idea that all this is just a grand scheme intended to serve only "big pharma", the governments, lah di dah...

How can a clever man such as my brother can be so dumb regarding this? It totally eludes me. And saddens me, too.
But I will go on trying to convince them!

SickoRicko said...

BatRedneck - That certainly *is* astonishing to hear about your brother and his wife. If they wouldn't listen to your experience, they're not worth wasting your breath on.

BatRedneck said...

Sorry Rick if I was a bother in relating the above.

SickoRicko said...

BatRedneck - Oh, gosh, no! I hope I wasn't too insensitive.

Xersex said...

vaccines are victims of their own successes. Now people with polio or smallpox are no longer seen. And many people are ignorant and stubborn!

SickoRicko said...

Xersex - Your last sentence is very correct.