WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Thursday, September 24, 2026

2026.0924.0003...


1940s Pan Am Clipper Seaplane


1945 World's First Convection Oven
(This will embiggen enough to read.)


1951 TWA Ad


1960s Scandinavian Airlines

We don't have to wonder which class these are in.

10 comments:

  1. Back in the late 80s I did a service similar to Seoul on the L-1011. It was nothing like the service I received on a DC-8 to Buenos Aires from New York in the 1970s. That was the inflight entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our oven has a convection setting...we never use. LOL.
    Flying first class back in the day was quite nice. The only thing that tops it: Flying private.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat - We don't use our convention feature either.

      Delete
  3. My first airplane flight ALONE was from Pittsburgh to Providence. I think I was... 10, perhaps 11. It was onboard an Allegheny Airlines 707. I was treated like royalty! I got soda, and a SNACK BOX that had a sandwich and some pretzels and a piece of fruit! I remember I kept the airline napkin for YEARS!

    Allegheny became something else, then became USAir sometime in the 80's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never flew on Allegheny but I remember their DC-9s in Minneapolis!

      Delete
  4. …issu de l’âge d’or du transport aérien où les passagers s’habillaient avec élégance et avaient des manières impeccables -
    bien loin des voyages en avion d’aujourd’hui.
    -Beau Mec à Deauville

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Pan Am Clipper was not so comfortable as it looks. It’s radial, propellered engines made a lot of noise and vibration, passengers would be given earplugs by the stewards to try and make them more comfortable from the racket.
    - That convection oven has quite a plug on it, talk about heavy duty !
    Back then when you traveled by air great food was part of your bill of fare, not so much today. SAS apparently offered a smorgasbord aloft, god mad as the Danes say :)
    I remember my first flight in Sept 1967 at age 4, LAX to JFK via Phoenix courtesy of an American Airlines Convair 990 Astrojet. Then back to LAX direct from JFK on a TWA Boeing 707.
    My grandmother had me wear dress shoes, gray shorts, a blue jacket and a white hat, I looked like a miniature adult.
    Back in 1967 how you dressed and presented yourself was everything.
    I still have my orange and white Convair 990 vinyl travel bag, validated AA ticket, and the troll doll my grandmother gave me for good luck. :-)
    -Rj

    ReplyDelete
  6. Komfort und Kulinarik über den Wolken.
    Meine Elten flogen 1958 mit einer Lockheed 1649 Starliner der TWA von Frankfurt nach New York.
    SAS war berühmt für ihre Route über den Nordpol zur Westküste der USA.
    Im Jahr 1964 flog unsere Familie von Düsseldorf aus mit einem SAS-Jet nach Hawaii - über den Nordpol, mit Zwischenstopps in Stockholm und Alaska.
    (vVs)

    ReplyDelete

Nice you must be or delete your ass I will.