WARNING:This blog contains copious amounts of adultGAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies. I REPEAT:If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.
I am avoiding the television today. I do not need to hear politicians speak, or some commentator or pundit expound on how they are feeling. I will sit in silence today. Hopefully (and shortly), offline.
Exactly. "Tragedy" implies something impersonal or accidental, like a flood or an earthquake. This was a mass murder, and murders are committed by people. There can be no meaningful remembrance without keeping the focus on who did it.
The only thing that I changed from what I commented last year was the 24 to a 25. My remembrance of that day will never go away.
25 years ago, and I can remember just like it was yesterday. Yes, a very somber day.
I was on my way up to Maine, for a vacation. Very blue sky, not a cloud to be seen. Temps for that day were a little cooler than usual (in fact today, just a few clouds in the sky and just a little warmer.)
Before I headed up to Ogunquit, I stopped at the local car wash in town here, and the guy working asked me if I heard about the "small" plane that hit one of the towers. Naturally we all that it was a small plane. Oh boy, on the way up to Maine, the story kept changing,
An eerie feeling indeed, crystal blue sky with not a plane in sight. I checked into the hotel, not knowing really what to do. I went into a local store, bought a small American flag, went down to the beach to place it into the sand. I sit for a few minutes (not really knowing the full impact of what was going on) In fact the beach was deserted.
Said a little prayer, went back to my room and turned the TV on! Honestly, I was a bit in shock, as more of the terrible tragedy unfolded.
I called my mom and told her I loved her. That evening, I went to the bar, it was jammed packed, many of the patrons just there to offer support to ones that, knew someone that worked at the airport or had other duties that were related to the event.
A sad day in American history. Thanks Rick, for not forgetting to post something, and Jerry sorry for your loss.
I was frantically trying to reach my family in Brooklyn as I had just relocated to Europe three months prior to this tragedy. My husband was still living in the states and I couldn't get a phone call through to him. Luckily enough he was able to contact me and he was terrified with good reason. My family in New York were all fine and could see from their home the smoke which covered the sky towards Manhattan. As I watched on the news channel the repeated coverage of the plane entering the north tower I was mortified as I remember attending the opening of the restaurant "Windows On The World" my heart sank. Every year for the past 25 years I think of the thousands of people who perished in this horrible day.
Yes, the work of Wahhabism that has had a stranglehold on Saudi Arabia since 1744, when these Muslim extremists made their pact with the House of Saud. Religious power for the Wahhabists and political power for the House of Saud. Let alone all other religions, they consider all other forms of Islam to be heretical. Hence their hatred of Sunni Muslim Iran, a dangerous dynamic for all. -Rj
I remember it quite well because it was the day I was fired from my 17years of good work as an art teacher from a private higj school. I woke up around 9ham and I always open TV on news channel which was tuned on that terrible news and in direct mode too.... Canadians were there to support and be with you on those hard times. Many planes landed all over the east of Canada and the most dramatic were those 38 planes landing at Gander, newfondland, and all those passengers were greated by Gander's citizens, sheltered and fed. Since then, many friendships were made and each year at 9/11 some of those passengers come back at Gander to meet those generous people. Whatever the orange felon says, USA often need Canada in good and bad moments. 40 000 Candians soldiers fought in Afghanistan and hundred of them died there too. On CNN they spoke of the Europe responds to 9/11 but forgot Canadians help in that infamous event.
I am avoiding the television today. I do not need to hear politicians speak, or some commentator or pundit expound on how they are feeling. I will sit in silence today. Hopefully (and shortly), offline.
ReplyDeleteI am an architect, and I can assure you that the first video is not the World Trade Center; it is an AI-generated fabrication.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately true -- it's fake. It even says "AI" right there in the upper left corner.
DeleteDifĂcil explicar,Amigo venezolano, CĂșcuta
ReplyDeleteI may have to buy "Thunderdog".....
ReplyDelete9/11 courtesy of the House of Saud.
ReplyDeleteSaudi Arabia, such a fine upstanding ally
NOT !!!
Exactly. "Tragedy" implies something impersonal or accidental, like a flood or an earthquake. This was a mass murder, and murders are committed by people. There can be no meaningful remembrance without keeping the focus on who did it.
DeleteScott from Massachusetts said.
ReplyDeleteThe only thing that I changed from what I commented last year was the 24 to a 25. My remembrance of that day will never go away.
25 years ago, and I can remember just like it was yesterday. Yes, a very somber day.
I was on my way up to Maine, for a vacation. Very blue sky, not a cloud to be seen. Temps for that day were a little cooler than usual (in fact today, just a few clouds in the sky and just a little warmer.)
Before I headed up to Ogunquit, I stopped at the local car wash in town here, and the guy working asked me if I heard about the "small" plane that hit one of the towers. Naturally we all that it was a small plane. Oh boy, on the way up to Maine, the story kept changing,
An eerie feeling indeed, crystal blue sky with not a plane in sight. I checked into the hotel, not knowing really what to do. I went into a local store, bought a small American flag, went down to the beach to place it into the sand. I sit for a few minutes (not really knowing the full impact of what was going on) In fact the beach was deserted.
Said a little prayer, went back to my room and turned the TV on! Honestly, I was a bit in shock, as more of the terrible tragedy unfolded.
I called my mom and told her I loved her. That evening, I went to the bar, it was jammed packed, many of the patrons just there to offer support to ones that, knew someone that worked at the airport or had other duties that were related to the event.
A sad day in American history. Thanks Rick, for not forgetting to post something, and Jerry sorry for your loss.
I was frantically trying to reach my family in Brooklyn as I had just relocated to Europe three months prior to this tragedy. My husband was still living in the states and I couldn't get a phone call through to him. Luckily enough he was able to contact me and he was terrified with good reason. My family in New York were all fine and could see from their home the smoke which covered the sky towards Manhattan. As I watched on the news channel the repeated coverage of the plane entering the north tower I was mortified as I remember attending the opening of the restaurant "Windows On The World" my heart sank. Every year for the past 25 years I think of the thousands of people who perished in this horrible day.
ReplyDeleteYes, the work of Wahhabism that has had a stranglehold on Saudi Arabia since 1744, when these Muslim extremists made their pact with the House of Saud.
ReplyDeleteReligious power for the Wahhabists and political power for the House of Saud.
Let alone all other religions, they consider all other forms of Islam to be heretical.
Hence their hatred of Sunni Muslim Iran, a dangerous dynamic for all.
-Rj
Should have put Shia Muslim Iran !
Delete-Rj
Rj - No problem.
DeleteI remember it quite well because it was the day I was fired from my 17years of good work as an art teacher from a private higj school. I woke up around 9ham and I always open TV on news channel which was tuned on that terrible news and in direct mode too....
ReplyDeleteCanadians were there to support and be with you on those hard times.
Many planes landed all over the east of Canada and the most dramatic were those 38 planes landing at Gander, newfondland, and all those passengers were greated by Gander's citizens, sheltered and fed.
Since then, many friendships were made and each year at 9/11 some of those passengers come back at Gander to meet those generous people.
Whatever the orange felon says, USA often need Canada in good and bad moments.
40 000 Candians soldiers fought in Afghanistan and hundred of them died there too.
On CNN they spoke of the Europe responds to 9/11 but forgot Canadians help in that infamous event.
JiEL - Thank you for being there for us on that terrible day.
DeleteWhat can one say or add, except that we, on this side of The Pond, will also never forget! Big hugs BobM in đŹđ§ x
ReplyDeleteBobM - Thank you.
Delete