WARNING:This blog contains copious amounts of adultGAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies. I REPEAT:If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.
Tuesday, August 25, 2026
2026.0825.0001-Tuesday...
Or, better yet, take it to an actual ballot collection box.
But the fucking SCOTUS sided with Orange Stupid Hitler's mail in ballot requirements. https://apnews.com/article/trump-mail-voting-supreme-court-157afc3c195ce0a62c522da5ce904b04
I don't think Trump has thought this out. The nearest ballot collection box is about a three-mile drive from me. I always use it and it's very convenient. You don't even need to get out of your car. If the Post Office refuses to deliver ballots to voters, the county will probably have people pick them up at its head office, which again is a pretty short drive. It will be similar all over the heavily-Democratic Portland metro area. The rural, Republican parts of the state will have much bigger distances for people to deal with, so screwing with the mail will be much more effective at discouraging people from voting out there than in the densely-populated city.
That is, if Trump's order ends up being upheld at all. The Supreme Court ruling is far from final. It addressed a single technicality of one lawsuit by some states, and there is a lot more litigation yet to come which will affect the final outcome (click here). At this point I'd say there's a 90% chance that voting by mail goes ahead as normal after all is said and done.
But the fucking SCOTUS sided with Orange Stupid Hitler's mail in ballot requirements. https://apnews.com/article/trump-mail-voting-supreme-court-157afc3c195ce0a62c522da5ce904b04
ReplyDeleteI don't think Trump has thought this out. The nearest ballot collection box is about a three-mile drive from me. I always use it and it's very convenient. You don't even need to get out of your car. If the Post Office refuses to deliver ballots to voters, the county will probably have people pick them up at its head office, which again is a pretty short drive. It will be similar all over the heavily-Democratic Portland metro area. The rural, Republican parts of the state will have much bigger distances for people to deal with, so screwing with the mail will be much more effective at discouraging people from voting out there than in the densely-populated city.
ReplyDeleteThat is, if Trump's order ends up being upheld at all. The Supreme Court ruling is far from final. It addressed a single technicality of one lawsuit by some states, and there is a lot more litigation yet to come which will affect the final outcome (click here). At this point I'd say there's a 90% chance that voting by mail goes ahead as normal after all is said and done.