WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.
That second one, the newspaper article, is from the city I grew up in (and probably from the newspaper I used to deliver). :) Good for her, though she'd have been tilting at windmills there, since we were right next to Virginia Beach, the home of Pat Robertson and his media empire.
ReplyDeleteMy hope for the future I will not see is that in 100 years or less, every religion on earth will indeed be just as irrelevant as the Greek and Roman gods and goddesses and that all religious factions will have killed each other and the few remaining people can start over again in peace...before the next cycle of ridiculous belief systems takes hold, which it surely will. You can't eradicate the STOOPID, you can only delay it, especially where humans are involved.
ReplyDeleteI think at the very base of religious belief is fear.
DeleteIf you don't have religious beliefs then there is no fear. Can I get an AMEN in here?
DeleteAAAAAAMEN ! USA stop spreading your Christian religion all over.
DeleteIN USA there are other religions and they aren't putting their dirty noses in your politics.
The founding fathers did the Constitution to escape the religious monarchy of Britain to build a better civil country out of religious influence.
What happened since then.... A drift by Christian faith on politics.
Angela is not wrong.
ReplyDeleteAngela said it so well. This 1956 "In God We Trust" was put in place because of FEAR of communism to in a way enslave your citizens under one faith which is anti constitutional in USA.
ReplyDeleteI will always underline that in Province of Québec we liberate ourselves from the Catholic Church influence on our politics in the 60's and since then we evolved in a better society with better policies to help ALL our citizens.
Religion is never the center of our public spheres.
You'll never hear such words as "God Bless Canada" or any "thoughts and prayers" all over.
Now in USA the fear of socialism or worse, communism, is resurfacing to influence the most ignorant people, MAGA and uneducated. It's more than time to evolve in a 21st century democracy where governing isn't by fear but with the kindness of a father over his children.