WARNING:This blog contains copious amounts of adultGAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies. I REPEAT:If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.
These are photos taken by Robert Mapplethorpe's brother Edward. Robert M.'s work is the homoerotic, grittier candid shots that were once considered pornographic. Edward's work is more professional and his portraiture of the celebrities of the time are in sharp contrast to his brother's Polaroids and pictures of cocks, asses, fisting and BDSM.
#s 1, 2, 3 and 5 are by Edward Mapplethorpe #s 4, 6, 7 and 8 are credited to Robert Mapplethorpe Upon further investigation, you can see the similarities in style.
I loved the docu-drama on his life, Watched it on Netflix a month or so ago. Just wonderful! Matt Smith played Maplethorpe.
ReplyDeleteLove his work....and I ADORE Lady Keir Kirby....one of my Patron Saints at the Casa du Borghese!
ReplyDeleteEstupendo.Amigo venezolano, CĂșcuta
ReplyDeleteThese are photos taken by Robert Mapplethorpe's brother Edward. Robert M.'s work is the homoerotic, grittier candid shots that were once considered pornographic. Edward's work is more professional and his portraiture of the celebrities of the time are in sharp contrast to his brother's Polaroids and pictures of cocks, asses, fisting and BDSM.
ReplyDeleteMilleson - Thank you for the correction.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
Delete#s 1, 2, 3 and 5 are by Edward Mapplethorpe
Delete#s 4, 6, 7 and 8 are credited to Robert Mapplethorpe
Upon further investigation, you can see the similarities in style.
Milleson - I done did the switching!
DeletePortraits saisissants !
ReplyDelete-Beau Mec Ă Deauville
#7 is his Self-Portrait
ReplyDeleteAnon@2:37pm - Thank you!
Delete4- frammanande av GG
ReplyDelete/ evocative of Garbo
Baltijasmodes
Had no idea Robert had a brother who was also a photographer.
ReplyDelete