WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Wednesday, July 15, 2026

2026.0715.0001-Wednesday...

Boldt Castle, New York


Notice the little cabin in the upper-left corner;
I've done a post with that place in it.






10 comments:

  1. Great pictures. But that little cabin thing is odd. Who on Earth thought to build a house on such a tiny island?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have several here in Narragansett Bay; back at the turn of the last century. families bought essentially rocks above high tide in the bay and built "summer cottages" on them. The water surrounding the rocks was deep enough to bring their sail boats right up to the shore line. No electricity, no water, no plumbing. Today, those homes are considered landmarks. This link should get you to a picture of one of those...

      https://duckduckgo.com/?q=homes+in+narragsett+bay&t=newext&atb=v514-1&ia=images&iax=images&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fih1.redbubble.net%2Fimage.760426294.2667%2Fflat%2C1000x1000%2C075%2Cf.u4.jpg

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the picture. A curious practice. Being so lacking in amenities, they can't be considered very desirable today.

      Delete
  2. I have been there when we did Canada trips. It is something to see. A very pretty island and castle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did visit this many many years ago when we didn't need a passport to go to USA. The ferry did even bring us on US far side.
    what I remember is this is a "love castle" built for his love wife and you can see lot of hearts all over the place. He did import many things from Europe like Italian marbles. As his beloved wife was fan of plays and theater, he also built a stage so she could see plays there.
    Sadly, his wife passed before this castle could be all done and he stopped the construction.
    When I went there they were beginning to restore and complete the construction and we could see lot of boxes still there with stuff to build it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real castle in the U.S.??? Who knew?
    That's really wild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ! Castles in the USA.
      From the palaces of Long Island and Newport RI, to the castles on the St Lawrence and Hudson rivers, and the Great Lakes. They didn’t call the wealthy of the Gilded Age robber barons for nothing, more like robber kings with the castles and palaces they built for themselves.
      -Rj

      Delete
  5. The Thousand Island Bridge Authority has taken great care to restore and maintain Boldt Castle. Mr Boldt abandoned the castle after his wife’s death in 1904, it was literally left to the elements and suffered extensive damage.
    The stone castle with the bridge was the powerhouse that supplied electricity and fresh water to Boldt Castle.
    -Rj

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ein feiner Residenz.
    Erinnert mich an das Inselschloss der Herzöge von Mecklenburg in Schwerin.
    (vVs)

    ReplyDelete

Nice you must be or delete your ass I will.