WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.
Impresionante paisaje,Amigo venezolano, Cúcuta
ReplyDeleteThat is wild!!!
ReplyDeleteComme le temple de Moloch.
ReplyDeleteLes fresques et les jardins aquatiques en terrasses de Sigiriya sont incontournables.
La sagesse et l’ingéniosité des civilisations anciennes révélées.
Des racistes ignorants prétendent que les sites des anciens ont été construits par des extraterrestres, comme les pyramides d’Égypte et les lignes de Nazca au Pérou.
-Beau Mec à Deauville
Scott from Massachusetts said.
ReplyDeleteNice scenery. But I'm taking two Xanax and going to lie down.
Rick, thanks for posting these! My work for the U.S. agriculture dept. took me to Sri Lanka for 2 weeks in Dec. 1990, most of it spent with lab scientists and ministry officials in the upland ancient capital city, Kandy. But one weekend we did get to travel to some tourist sites outside the hills, north of there, and we could see Sigiriya from our main route but didn't have time to take that site in (we were headed to a different era's great temple complex at Anuradhapura), so I'm very glad to see some great pix of a place I *almost* visited once!
ReplyDeleteSri Lanka is a lovely country, gets 2 monsoons per year, so it's very lush and green and has some gorgeous waterfalls up in the hills in the southern third of the country. The people are lovely, hospitable, and welcoming and a great many are fluent in English, since the Brits colonized it when they ruled India. And that might be one reason why it's not very easy to be openly gay there -- the old British anti-homosexuality laws were strict and lasted long after independence began in the 1950s or so. It might be changing for the better by now, but I'm guessing it's still very closeted outside some beach areas that cater to European winter vacationers and the modern capital city, Colombo, which are lots less traditional than where I was.