WARNING:This blog contains copious amounts of adultGAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies. I REPEAT:If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.
Nothing to be ashamed of at all, Rick! My understanding is the quality and taste of boxed wine has vastly improved since it's somewhat sketchy days when it was introduced.
A chef friend of mine told me that many well known restaurants have switched to using box wines in the kitchens to cook with; it's more shelf stable, takes up less room to store, is safer (no glass to break and harm someone in a fast moving environment) and to his knowledge, no customer has ever known the difference or returned a dish because it contained boxed wine in the recipe. I myself don't consume wine on a regular basis - an occasional glass with a holiday/celebratory dinner or I use it to cook - but for those needs I just buy a bottle as I don't need the volume that comes in boxes. Even then, it will take me months to finish a bottle off if I don't end up throwing it away!
So hold that box up proudly, hit that button on the spout and enjoy a glass for me.
Nothing to be ashamed of at all, Rick! My understanding is the quality and taste of boxed wine has vastly improved since it's somewhat sketchy days when it was introduced.
ReplyDeleteA chef friend of mine told me that many well known restaurants have switched to using box wines in the kitchens to cook with; it's more shelf stable, takes up less room to store, is safer (no glass to break and harm someone in a fast moving environment) and to his knowledge, no customer has ever known the difference or returned a dish because it contained boxed wine in the recipe. I myself don't consume wine on a regular basis - an occasional glass with a holiday/celebratory dinner or I use it to cook - but for those needs I just buy a bottle as I don't need the volume that comes in boxes. Even then, it will take me months to finish a bottle off if I don't end up throwing it away!
So hold that box up proudly, hit that button on the spout and enjoy a glass for me.
RBrysco - Will do!
DeleteGood selection!
ReplyDeleteScott from Massachusetts said.
ReplyDelete#1) LMAO "What an ass!"
Next to last) I just might (for a laugh) use that line if the checkout person asks me that.