WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Tuesday, December 23, 2025

2025.1223.0004...

1950s/60s





Each of these will embiggen'.

8 comments:

  1. Millions of those in the midwest and east.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "All Purpose Room." I think that's what the room I'm using as my office must've been called in the original builder's sales brochure. Just like the top floor plan, it has a door to the main hall and a door leading to—in my case anyway—the laundry room and then outside. We could never figure out why this was done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Rutledge (house 1) has what it calls "an unbelievable four bedrooms". Yes, because they're unbelievably small. I mean, 8'x10'? But speaking of unbelievable, the Kirkland (house 3) has two bedrooms in the attic, where according to the illustration, the top of the stairs is in the eaves, where the ceiling would be perhaps one or two feet high. But the floor plan shows windows on the back of the second story, meaning there's a wall back there, not eaves, and the description says the roof has a "long gentle slope" (not going up to a peak in the center like the illustration shows). The roof would be totally different from what the artist drew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the Kirkland house that part of the roof with the second floor bedrooms would project out from the sloping roof.
      Gryf

      Delete
    2. Larry - As in a shed dormer on the back of the house.

      Delete
    3. I agree that the floor plan implies a shed dormer. However, the description talks about a "long gentle slope" of the roof visible from the street that provides enough headroom for two bedrooms, but the shed dormer would not be visible from the street and even from the rear would not appear as a long gentle slope (possibly a short gentle slope). Whoever wrote the description was on drugs.

      Delete
  4. The Rutledge is like the house my folks bought in 1959. The house had central a/c and heat, a radio/intercom system and the same birdhouse on the roof with a weathervane of Paul Revere on horseback.:) The living room was furnished in French provincial and the dining room in Danish modern. The fourth bedroom was Dad’s study in American colonial.
    The obtainable American dream then, now the unobtainable nightmare thanks to real estate speculation left unregulated.
    Gryf

    ReplyDelete

Nice you must be or delete your ass I will.