WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Saturday, September 03, 2022

2022.0903.0004...







This is a "Nantucket Pie" that I baked yesterday.
The recipe was sent to me by "Unknown". It's
supposed to use cranberries but I didn't
have any, so I used blueberries.


Jimbo has requested the recipe for the pie. This is as I baked it...

Nantucket Pie

Usually made with cranberries, but any berries will do, or chopped apples with nuts.

Grease a 9-inch pie pan with butter.

1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1.5 tsp baking powder

1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
4 Tbs butter, melted

Whisk dry ingredients together. Slowly add milk. Add vanilla. Add melted butter. Whisk until everything is incorporated. Batter will be thin. If there are a few lumps, don’t worry about them.

Pour batter into pan. Top with 2 cups fruit mixed with 1 tsp sugar and 1 tsp lemon juice.

Bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes. Check with toothpick.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott from Massachusetts said...

Cranberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, I don't care what you used Rick, that Nantucket Pie you made looks delicious, could you cut me a huge slice? Pretty please.

Fuck ya, I'll take that whole pan of Pizza, I'm drooling!!!!

I certainly could go for some might big portions of medium rare meat today.

Thanks Rick!!

Mistress Maddie said...

That pie looks delish.

*holds plate out for a slice*

SickoRicko said...

Scott - I miss pizza and meat. We're not vegetarians. We just don't partake much.

Maddie - You made me laugh!

Big Dude said...

I just gained five lbs by looking at these.

Jimbo said...

That whole thread has me famished, Rick, but I'd LOVE the recipe for that pie! Any chance you could share it with us?

GF said...

You should have made a pie for all of us. That looks so good!

SickoRicko said...

Big Dude - Happens to me, too.

Jimbo - I'll tack it onto the end of this post.

GF - Gee, if I did that, I'd have to get a license and allow inspections of the kitchen.

Milleson said...

Rick, don't know why I didn't search Google Lens before. Those are actually Blue Moon Jell-O Shots and the recipe is on the Delish website. One of the comments said they're a big hit at Octoberfest so you see the beer connection. Prost all!

SickoRicko said...

Milleson - You were right! Thanks for the research.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rick...this is very close to a fruit cobbler recipe...will bake it tomorrow and give it a try...thanks for posting it...Namaste

Ps I think I'll use rhubarb and apple mix for the fruit 😊

Jimbo said...

Thanks, Rick!!

SickoRicko said...

Anon@5:07pm - Rhubarb and apple mix sounds great!

Jimbo - You're welcome.

BatRedneck said...

Yummy! I'm sure you both enjoyed savoring each bite of it.
Thanks a million for the recipe!
I've got two days off ahead and you just had me wanna bake an autumn pie filled with berries!

SickoRicko said...

Laurent - Bon appétit!