WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Saturday, August 20, 2022

2022.0820-Insert-001...

Mistress Maddie has a weekly feature called "In Three Words". One of the comments spoke volumes to me, which I'm re-posting here...

Liz Cheney
Cap Chasen - 8/20/2022

Won't fool me.

Sorry Mistress but I'm not buying her

I am aware that many Dems view Liz Cheney as a hero simply because she stood up to Trump. ONCE! She voted with him 94% of the time. Let's look at a few of Liz's past positions. Maybe we'll want to stop legitimizing this hard-right monster.

She tweeted with delight when Trump judges Brett Kava­naugh and Amy Coney Barrett were appointed. -She's pro-war and pro-torture. -She's anti-choice and has defended her father's war­mon­gering and corruption. Wanna talk to me about how she's a defend­er of democracy because she doesn't like Trump? Her dad helped George W. Bush steal the 2000 election. Do the Democrats now donating to Liz have no memory? Or are Dem donors GOP in disguise?

She opposed the Voting Rights Act, min wage increase, Equality Act, Equal Rights Amend­ment, George Floyd Act, Build Back Better, the infrastructure bill, Inflation Reduction Act, $35 insulin bill, anti-gas price gouging bill and The Women's Health Protection Act. And she opposed gay marriage despite having a gay sister.

Hey Dems! You're new hero is a zero. I recommend reading this whole piece from Jacobin.

"What makes liberals’ worship of Cheney today particularly incongruous is that for the better part of a decade, she was best known for relentlessly attacking our favorite president, Barack Obama, often using the most scurrilous dog whistles."

READ THE REST:

https://jacobin.com/2022/08/liz-cheney-wyoming-primary-election-trump

(It's a long article, but worth reading.)

6 comments:

BatRedneck said...

Your post, and the link within, confirm my mistrust of her. I just commented at Mark's (pending approval) regarding the speech she made following her - lost - state's election.
Liz Cheney is sure smart enough to know she has to put herself on the right side of how History will be judging and commenting the Jan. 6th riot, yet it does not make of her a hero worth being trusted.
After all, is she not doing what any responsible politician should as for these matters, no more no less?
As for what she is aiming for, obviously the oval, I'll go on hoping the American people will be wise enough to see beyond her schemes and false pretenses.

luv chocolate said...

One right act doesn't erase everything else she is against!

SickoRicko said...

Laurent - You give more credit to the American people than they deserve.

Luv - Absolutely.

Kevin Rhodes said...

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. I don't like her, but standing up to Trump means a LOT at this point. And she could easily be replaced by someone worse - since a Democrat has very little chance of winning in Wyoming.

taurus9311 said...

Thanks for this reminder. Actions do speak louder than plays for popularity.

hammerhead said...

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.