WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Sunday, June 05, 2022

2022.0605.0001...

When the pandemic entered its second year I started baking more than I had been doing before. Simple recipes, nothing fancy. Yesterday's cake came out so delicious that I'm proud to share it with y'all...


Raisin Cake

Preheat oven to 350°F and butter a 9x12-inch baking dish. (Or a 10" bowl as shown.)

1-1/2 Cup flour

1 Cup sugar

1/4 Cup brown sugar

2 Tsp baking powder

1/2 Tsp cinnamon

1-1/2 Cup whole milk

1 Tsp vanilla

About 1/3 Cup raisins

In a medium size bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk to incorporate. To the same bowl, add milk and vanilla and whisk again until well blended. It tends to be a little thin. Pour batter into buttered dish and sprinkle raisins on top.

Bake for 40 minutes or so until toothpick comes out clean.

8 comments:

Henri said...

Hello Ricky. Thank you to share this delicious cake, your raisins cake, with us. It looks very tasty and good!. Hugs, my friend. Henri.

SickoRicko said...

Henri - You are very welcome. I just wish I could actually give you a piece.

Uncle Vic said...

I have that tablecloth, but made curtains out of it.

Jimbo said...

Could you please share the recipe, Rick, because that looks marvelous! The perfect thing for my afternoon coffee!

Henri said...

I accept the piece. Only looking at the cake, I can feel it taste. Yes, you have reasons for being proud, dear friend. Hugs, kisses.
Henri.

SickoRicko said...

Uncle Vic - Actually, that's just a place mat. I bet the curtains look great.

Jimbo - Absolutely. I'll add it to this post by the end of the day (Monday).

Workmen and Rednecks said...

You made me laugh, Uncle Vic...
Thanks a million, Rick. Your homemade cake's recipe is most welcome, for I'll admit that over the past two years I've become even more appreciative of such treats. In simple words: this goes right to my bookmarks, section 'Boulange & desserts" :-p

SickoRicko said...

Laurent - You are very welcome, and I am honored.