WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Saturday, May 15, 2021

2021.0515.0003...

Kirby Scott
















Remembering Randy
October 5, 1952 - May 15, 2020

I created this post because my brother was very talented at drawing with pencil, without training. Decades ago I had asked him to do a drawing of Kirby Scott and the image above is what he pro­duced for me.

The picture at left was taken on April 11th, 2020, when Randy and I figured out how we could talk with each other over Facetime.

He had been very sick since January 2020 with a bad flu that he could not shake. He was already on oxygen because of COPD so his doctor prescribed IV antibiotics admin­is­tered at home. On May 15th he sud­denly died. (It was not Covid.)

The pandemic was just getting underway. Due to my age, HIV, and also COPD, I was too scared to go to Nebraska to take care of his estate. The wonderful manager of Randy's trailer court acted as my surrogate and pos­sibly, literally, saved my life. After count­less emails and phone calls with authori­ties, his estate finally got settled.

Jerry and I scattered Randy's ashes in the Columbia River at Collin's Beach, clothing optional section, on Sauvie Island, Oregon.

I still miss him every day.

21 comments:

uptonking said...

Sorry for your loss. Kirby is on my list for a Thursday post, btw... I will get to it when I can... and then I am 'borrowing' all these images :) Kizzes.

BatRedneck said...

This friend of yours sure was compelling.
It may be just my imagination but there is something in his way to look at us that says 'playing perv is nice, only as long as you are truly nice'.
And indeed it is really nice that he still lives through your memories.
Thank you Rick for sharing them.

SickoRicko said...

uptonking - Thank you, and help yourself.

BatRedneck - Your comment is a little odd to me, but you are welcome.

Unknown said...

So glad you were able to facetime with your brother. Memories do help, but it's never the same. ❤

Purple Wolf said...

I'm so sorry for losing your brother. I'm glad, though, that someone you didn't know stepped in to help you, above and beyond what was expected, and that you were able to say him off in an appropriate way. (Was he also gay?) Comforting, isn't it, that there are still kind people out there.

SickoRicko said...

Unknown@8:54am - That's true. Without Facetime, I wouldn't have had this picture of him.

Purple Wolf - Thanks for your comment. Yes, he was also gay. And yes, it's good to know there are still kind people.

Boz Bochner said...

I'm so sorry for your loss... my deepest condolences. I miss my brother every day and try to focus on the good times we shared. Me ke aloha!

BatRedneck said...

I realize now how mistaken I was when reading your post. I do apologize for that, for it made my previous comment really out of place.
I know that not being an English speaking native makes no excuses.
I will just hang to the thought that your brother lives through the memories of the people who loved him. Because it is what matters most.

Jeff said...

Rick,
I'm really sorry to hear of your brothers passing. It means a lot that you were able to support and be with him through Facetime. Thankfully the manager was willing and able to help you settle the estate. He must have truly liked your brother to help you with and go through all that work of settling his estate . Spreading his ashes must have been a good closing.
Take care my friend and thank you for all you do.

VRCooper said...

I am glad you had the time to spend with your brother before his passing...May a smile come to your face when you think of the good times you had together...Peace to you...

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry for your loss. That is a wonderful drawing.

SickoRicko said...

Everyone - Thank you very much.

Xersex said...

a wonderful tribute!

jsstrand said...

Condolences on your loss - reading your post it occured to me how many unsung heroes there have been aiding others through this terrible pandemic - nursing and caretakers of course, but also so many others who contributed by helping others in some significant way no matter how large or small - so much hatred and viciousness in this world makes me cling even more tightly to the good stuff that you hear about from time to time

SickoRicko said...

jsstrand - I certainly couldn't have done everything without Shannon.

Jimbo said...

My condolences, Rick. I'm so sorry for your loss. And what a wonderful artist your brother was! That portrait of Kirby is just lovely.

Kirby, BtW, continued to do nude modeling for years under the name Joseph Myska (Real Name: Jozef Myska), even showing up as a Playgirl centerfold at one point. As beautiful as he was as a young man, he was devastatingly handsome as an older man an very generous about sharing images of his gorgeous physique with the public. A Google Image Search of "'Joseph Myska' + gay + nude" will turn up tons of great pics.

Unfortunately, he too died too soon, in 2007, shortly before his 45th birthday. I never learned the cause so I won't speculate but I was truly saddened to hear of his demise. He was, apparently, widely regarded as an open-hearted, kind & loving man.

Thank you for your post, Rick. A great tribute. TWO great tributes.

SickoRicko said...

Jimbo - Thank you for noticing Randy's work. And thank you very much for the information about Kirby - Jozef Myska. I'll definitely be searching that soon. I hope uptonking sees this, he's planning a post on Kirby in the near future. Turns out it was two tributes. Thanks again.

Rad said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Ricky. He was a very talented man; thank you for posting his work.
Rad

SickoRicko said...

Rad - Thank you for your comment.

Henri said...

I remember these day as one of the sadest days in your life. You always will remember him, and always missing him.
Thank you for the beautiful post today, you are a great and good man. Hugs from Henri.

SickoRicko said...

Henri - Thank you very much my friend.