WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Thursday, March 03, 2016

Post-10398...


After being nauseated all morning, after eating dry toast and drinking black tea, I threw up, and now I feel much better. So I've made the executive decision to quit the Prednisone because I believe it's the culprit. I am not a believer in tolerating a cure that's worse than the problem. I've operated this way with my HIV meds over the years as well. Of course I've informed my doctor, I always do.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree Sometimes the "cure" is worse than the problem and the doctors just prescribe what the latest pharmaceutical company is pushing
I guess that's why they call it "practicing medicine"
Stay well ♡

whkattk said...

You're absolutely correct: sometimes the cure is worse than the illness. I'm on Prednisone, as well (long term). Not having reactions to it - thank goodness. Two meds sent me to the ER last year. And I recently made the same type of executive decision to quit one because of the side effects. I see the Neuro next week - we'll see what he suggests this time.

Feel better and better real soon!

SickoRicko said...

whkattk - Thanks for sharing more of your life with me. Take care!

fred said...

After having a life changing illness in my very early 30's, hospitalized for months and Rehab to learn to walk again, I have been and continue to be suspicious of all Doctors and try my best to avoid them unless absolutely necessary. Go with what your body says, but always consult your Doctor as you are in continuing treatment. Take the time to meditate and reflect on your life. Worked for me all that time ago. I realized who I was and came out.
Hope this finds you feeling much better.

SickoRicko said...

Fred - Thank you also for sharing. Life is certainly an adventure.