WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Wednesday, April 22, 2026

2026.0422.0001-Wednesday...






12 comments:

  1. Lots of people "feel it in their heart" that vaccines are bad for them, or that all Jewish people are part of an evil conspiracy against America, or that it's safe to pet that weird-acting raccoon because it's so cute and furry. Choosing what to believe on the basis of gut feeling rather than hard evidence is dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, as Han Solo said "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

    I have learned to respect those who... need?... to have religion as a cornerstone in their lives. Sometime, I even envy them for their devotion. But... I put this in the same category as an avid sports fan. I don't follow sports and more than I follow religion. I find most / all sports pointless and annoying. Ditto for religion. I do think highly of some athlete who excels and promptly sets a positive example for others to follow. I think highly of Pope Leo; I think he sets a positive example for others to follow. Do I want to play a sport? No. I barely like to walk or go to the gym. Do I want to have a religious conversation or join a church, not no, but HELL no.

    And so long as those paradigms don't interfere with >ME<, fine, have at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rade, have we learned to respect those who need religion, or is it that disrepecting them is against our nature?

      I recently said, "Bless you" to my 88 year-old father after he sneezed. He gently said, "Say, 'God'". I looked at him and said, "God, Dad, covery your mouth." After all these years he's still trying to raise me. I guess that's what parents do.

      Delete
  3. Religion makes people feel better about themselves and the nasty things they do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May I use your statement as an idea for a new bumper sticker?

      Delete
  4. In this world, we have evolved to "place" others and things in various locations on a "good vs not good" spectrum. Which means that some are better than others, or some ways of thinking are better than others. "Religion" is supposed to help in these rankings, it seems.

    EDUCATION is about relaying principles, orientations (later called "spin"), and facts. principles and facts, mainly. It is when "orientations" are inserted into the mix that things go sideways, many times. Learning about principles and facts also assists with the development of "critical thinking", to determine what is right and what is not, scientifically and factually.

    Religion also has "principles and facts", relayed through historical stories and such. More things to learn and consider! Not to forget about the various "words to live by", as in "The Ten Commandments".

    "Education" is "Education". Whether by the school of hard knocks, book learning, or life lesson of what works and what does not work. ALL education is good! If a religious person might not agree with what public schools might be teaching, they get mad and seek to align the "education" more with their religious beliefs. No real problem with that, BUT . . . what they do nto understand is that this becomes a choice between what "education" those people desire others to have! Are "we" GROOMING them to be "followers" or otherwise?? Of course, it is always those perceived as "bad" as wanting to "groom" students in how to think and act! Rather than "grooming" them to be religious people ("The BEST" in their orientations). "Grooming" goes both ways, just that those who throw that word around in a negative orientation don't realize it!

    The MORE education one has (principles, facts, and HISTORY), the better decisions they can make i their own lives and the lives of others. MORE is best! AND education is an on-going daily experience, rather than finite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beware the parallel theocratic state,
    ready to subvert and submerge democracy. As the Nazis had done in Germany, creating a parallel state that subverted and submerged democracy in Germany.
    (vVs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. vVs - We need to pay more attention to the past.

      Delete
  6. Emotion vs logic? Really? How could anything be more emotional than your anti-god obsession?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I do feel it in my heart. Too bad some people just can't or won't allow themselves the feeling. It works if you work it.

    ReplyDelete

Nice you must be or delete your ass I will.