WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.
Salman Rushdie has had his share of experience of people acting on the basis of ancient "wisdom". It's amazing that there are people who trust ideas from the time before we knew the earth was round over modern science.
ReplyDeleteAnybody who actually lived by Biblical morality would end up in prison (slave-dealing, killing brides for not being virgins, stoning people to death for picking up pieces of wood on the wrong day of the week, etc).
Religion certainly exacerbates intergroup hostilities, but isn't the cause of them. Even chimpanzee social groups fight wars of conquest and extermination against each other.