WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.
Brutalist architecture at it's finest.
ReplyDeleteI don't know Rade... I think this might be more classified as "Modernist" rather than "Brutalist" in most (if not all) of the images. While Brutalist architecture is a sub-set of the Modernist movement, Brutalist architecture generally employs heavy, raw non-natural materials. Stylistically the movements are almost identical, but Modernist architecture usually is comprised of lighter, more polished finishes and a lot of glass... a whole lot of glass... Yeah, I don't want to have to clean all those big windows and rails... 😁
DeleteWhile definitely not my favorite, I can say that this is a fantastic sampling of the style! The images showcase it's base roots from FLW and his iconic Prarie-style homes - cantilevers, lots of flat surfaces and angles projecting "long and low" rather than "squat and tall." The majority also seems to attempt to harmonize with nature (vs. Brutalist, which tries to overrule it) through a combination of natural surfaces - water, wood, and lava rock - as well as glass.
Regardless, great post, Rick!
RBrysco - Thank you.
DeleteNo.3 is a dream house for me. As long as there is a swimming pool, count me in..
ReplyDeleteImage 4- J’adore la maison sur terrasses,
ReplyDeletesituée dans un cadre parfait :)
-Beau Mec à Deauville
Add a pool and #4 would be my pick.
ReplyDelete