WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.
I see these photos of abandoned buildings, or photos of rusting cars, and feel... for a moment... inspired to roll up the sleeves and bring them back to life; to dream of potential. And then the reality of age and energy manifests... and I just scroll to the bottom of the entry and move on. But for that one moment... there is a spark.
ReplyDelete👍
DeleteI couldn't have spelled it better.
DeleteOn top of that, I'd very much like living in an large open space that wouldn't be my workplace :-)
4- Back in the day Miami Beach had fine homes like this only to have them gradually replaced by overpriced high rise condo monstrosities that require maintenance never done and lead to some of them collapsing. Collapsing because of negligent owners who have no clue about the costs of maintaining a high rise, and poor construction by greedy builders out to make a quick buck and paid off building code inspectors.
ReplyDeleteRex in DC
1- Autrefois un grand manoir, aujourd’hui une ruine oubliée. On peut imaginer les fiers propriétaires de la maison accueillant leurs invités pour de somptueux déjeuners, dîners et fêtes et la maison magnifiquement meublée avec un goût raffiné.
ReplyDeleteCela ma rappelle un domaine en ruines que j’ai vu en Irlande, détruit par les constables des Blacks et des Tans.
Ses propriétaires catholiques furent accusés de trahison de la courrone; la famille fut massacrée et leur maison réduite en cendres.
Monsieur Dupuis 🇨🇦