WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Saturday, March 11, 2023

2023.0311.0003...

Not entirely true, but not entirely false...



Were Children Once Sent Through the
U.S. Mail?

3 comments:

Milleson said...

well that's just beyond interesting. I had no idea. I knew in the 1800s and early 1900s that immigrant and orphaned children were sent to destinations on ships and trains with fares paid and notes with instructions pinned to their clothing. And I bet you that none of them were harmed or groomed by a drag queen! This is surely a scary and ridiculous time in which we live.

SickoRicko said...

Milleson - Scary and ridiculous, indeed.

Unashamed Male said...

Interesting. Snopes rates this as partly true, partly false:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/surface-male/
Snopes says that it did happen, but the few documented cases were either (1) publicity stunts, like the two photos, or (2) parents sending the kids to relatives a short distance away via a trusted mailman, or (3) kids traveling by train as "mail" because it was cheaper than buying them a ticket.