WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

2023.0214.0002...

1959 Ford Fairlane Skyliner






6 comments:

Big Dude said...

They sure don't make 'em like that anymore!

Milleson said...

I have been infatuated with this car since 1959. The mechanics and engineering on this beauty were so far ahead of its time that it took about 30 years for the technology to translate to today's cars. It takes something like 6 to 8 electric motors to make the convertible-hardtop do its mesmerizing thing. Not much trunk space but who cares when you're driving this collectible. I drool profusely when one of these autos goes across the red carpet at a Mecum Auction, especially when they activate the top. A great car for a Valentine's Day drive, wouldn't you say? I bet there's even a box of chocolates in the glove compartment. A big thanks for this Rick

SickoRicko said...

Big Dude - They sure don't!

Milleson - You are very welcome!

JiEL said...

I'm not a fan of Ford's car except for the Mustang.

My dad in 1953 bought a green Ford and it was a real «tank». Heavy and robust model. A classic.

For the better cars I prefer Asian ones more.

Anonymous said...

Perry Mason(Raymond Burr) drove a '57, '58 and '59 Ford Fairlane 500 in the first 3 years of the series, mostly with the tops down convertible configuration, along with a couple of Caddies thrown in for variety.

SickoRicko said...

Anon@2:12pm - And a Lincoln Continental convertible with suicide doors.