WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Friday, October 28, 2022

2022.1028.0002...








1955


By 1970, one year after I graduated from High School, the price for a hamburger had gone all the way up to 18 cents. I had a job paying $1.25/hour and rented a cute studio apartment for $60/month. Those days are gone due to capitalist greed.

3 comments:

whkattk said...

It's been reported that last quarter one of the Big Oil companies raked in $10B profit ... $10 **BILLION.** If that's not price gouging, I don't know what is.

Anonymous said...

"Capitalist Greed" can be justified when one business person talks to another and sattes, "IF you don't charge as much as I do, you're leaving money on the table." No matter the "good person" orientation on the one businessperson, they all want to make money as much as the greedy ones do. The "Shame Game".

Jimbo said...

When I moved to New York City (fresh out of college) in 1976, a regular McDonalds hamburger cost $0.35. 46 years later they cost $2.00 more than that. An increase of about $0.04 a year. Considering they still probably cost about $0.06 to mass produce...

Thanks, Rick!