WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Saturday, September 03, 2022

Saturday GIFs...

Abandoned Places by Pablo Maurer









When I ran across this fabulous set of GIFs, I captured all 19 of them. I'm posting only the first eight because any more might be overkill. If you'd like to read the captions that go with these, and to see the rest of them, click on the source...

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this, Rick, tho these are so sad…!

Anonymous said...

Scott from Massachusetts said...

I bet many people get teary eyes when seeing vacant buildings or sites that they used to frequent, and I'm one of those teary eyed ones.

There was once a thriving business in my town, that I worked for 20 years, when I go by it now it's just all decaying and surrounded by uncut grass.

#4) Oh yeah, I was in a ten-pin blowing league with that company, and that bowling establishment is long gone too.

I don't wallow in the past, but I do go back in my mind quite often thinking of the many good times.

Thanks Rick.





Anonymous said...

This emptyness gives me the creeps, like the haunted Hotel in "The Shining"...knowing that all these people are also dead doesn't help either...

K.I.A. Perv

JiEL said...

Very impressive to see how nature would retake its place in some of them.

SickoRicko said...

Anon@6:41am - Yes it is.

Scott - You are very welcome.

Perv - You're right.

JiEL - Nature will take it all back when we're gone.

VRCooper said...

Great---Always love before and after pictures. The way it is done in your post is fabulous. Technology!!

taurus9311 said...

Thanks, Rick. These were fascinating and sad.

luv chocolate said...

Why don't they demolish these buildings rather than let them decay. If people are going in these buildings, what if the floor collapses or something and someone gets hurt or dies?!!

Jimbo said...

I like that concentric thing - #6 - better now that nature has reclaimed it than in its original state.

Thanks, Rick! Fascinating!

SickoRicko said...

VRCooper - Thanks. I can only take credit for passing this along.

Taurus9311 - You are welcome. Yes, very sad.

Luv - I agree that they should be torn down. Someone could get hurt.

Jimbo - Yet, I wonder what was inside.

VoenixRising said...

Brilliant!

There was a series a few years back called "After Man" (I believe). The gist of the shows were that if humanity disappeared en masse from the planet, there would be no trace of our presence within 500 years - much less in most instances.

SickoRicko said...

Mark - I remember that series.

Xersex said...

very interesting

Xersex said...

https://www.youtube.com/c/BrokenWindowTheoryUrbex for you

SickoRicko said...

Xersex - Thank you for that very interesting link!