WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Saturday, September 10, 2022

2022.0910-Insert-001...

Marsha Hunt












Honestly, I did not know of Ms. Hunt, but I was struck by her obituary when it mentioned how she stood up to the "Red Scare" of her time. It made me think of the librarian who gave out the QR Code. History is repeating itself in alarming ways. Click on headline to read her story...

Marsha Hunt, Actress Blacklisted in Hollywood, Dies at 104

6 comments:

Milleson said...

Seems we've lost another Queen of the Silver Screen. Marsha Hunt was a competent and reliable actress for the Hollywood studios, and although rarely a leading lady, she excelled in second lead and ensemble parts in many movies. I've been fortunate to view some of her movies on Turner Classic Movies over the years and love her silly, addlepated sister role in "Pride and Prejudice"(1940). She played one of the five Bennet sisters out to snag husbands in 19th century England. Photo #4 is from the movie and pictures Greer Garson, Maureen O'Sullivan and Marsha Hunt as three of the five sisters. And it doesn't hurt that handsome Sir Laurence Olivier also stars. I was also unaware of her activism during the McCarthy era and blacklisting. Later in her life she also supported gay causes and marriage equality legislation. Another remarkable woman and champion for our Gay community.

stache said...

Lee Remick did an interview with Academy of Motion Pictures that described what it was like to be blacklisted. Interesting.

luv chocolate said...

If you watch Turner Classic Movies {TCM} you will see her!

SickoRicko said...

Milleson - From what I read about her, she was a very remarkable woman.

Stache - Yet another stain on our history.

Luv - I think TCM website is where some of these images came from.

Xersex said...

charming lady!!! 👏👏👏👏

Anonymous said...

She remained beautiful as she aged. She was incredible. Thanks for posting this, Rick. I hadn’t seen news of her death. I’ve read and own a couple books on the Hollywood blacklist and her story is in one. TCM has also screened the documentary about her, Sweet Adversity. RIP, Ms. Hunt..!