WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Saturday, June 04, 2022

2022.0604.0010...

When I walked to and from my elementary school, I passed by a very similar house...

Basement Home Sold in Suburban Illinois Is Entirely Underground


However, I don't think I'd like living in one.

8 comments:

Milleson said...

1. (Plus) No need for A/C
2. (Plus) Minimal heating bill
3. (Plus) No need to buy curtains
4. (Plus) great design for home in Tornado Alley
5. (Minus) Prone to vandalism?
6. (Minus) Eyesore
7. (Minus) There go the property values in the neighborhood :-P

SickoRicko said...

Milleson - You made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

I've seen just a roof in a yard before. I always assumed it was someone who was a little unclear on the concept of a bomb shelter.

SickoRicko said...

Anon@7:53am - You, too, made me laugh.

VoenixRising said...

Perfect for tornado alley and the desert southwest. (Remember STAR WARS? There was a reason that homestead was built underground.)

Connected rooms surrounding a large open-air patio space would be great!

SickoRicko said...

Mark - Yeah, sounds very nice.

whkattk said...

We've got quite a beautiful one near us that is very mid-century modern. It even has a "back yard" underground. About a decade ago, someone bought it and built another complete house on top of the underground one. Truly bizarre....

SickoRicko said...

Pat - The underground "back yard" sounds interesting.