WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Sunday, November 07, 2021

2021.1107.0003...

Since this came up the other day...

Forbidden Planet, 1956













10 comments:

jsstrand said...

Absolutely loved this movie - saw it when it was released in 1956 - was fascinated with the electronic music - supposedly Disney Studios did the matte paintings for the Krell machine scenes - Earl Holliman may be the only principal actor still alive - except Robbie of course who just needs regular oiling to stay young forever lol

SickoRicko said...

jsstrand - I hope Robbie ends up in the Smithsonian someday.

JiEL said...

Nice vintage sci fi post.
I don't remember seeing this one but «The Day the Earts Stood Still» was my first real sci fi movie.

I'll repost you posts on my DistressCalls blog.

Thanks.

VoenixRising said...

Absolutely quintessential! So many other properties borrowed the look of Forbidden Planet, notably "Lost in Space."

SickoRicko said...

JiEL - "Forbidden Planet" is a classic.

JiEL said...

I know but I don't remember viewing it.

BatRedneck said...

All like Mark said.
I remember being told by a dear friend I was ridiculous for I had mentioned that movie as a Must. I didn't care, and still do not.
(note to myself: arrange for a that movie watching session with my nephews and nieces above 11, filled with reassuring popcorn when come the Monsters of the Id.)

SickoRicko said...

BatRedneck - Those kids should enjoy it even without thinking it's very ancient.

Jimbo said...

If nothing else, it was a great way to ease kids into Shakespeare's "The Tempest." Robbie made a WAY cooler sidekick than Calaban. 8D

And wasn't Anne Francis pretty?

SickoRicko said...

Jimbo - Gee, I don't know The Tempest. But, yes, Anne was very pretty.