WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Saturday, May 22, 2021

2021.0522.0009...

Theremin Concert...


(I was unable to make it larger.)

5 comments:

jsstrand said...

Loved it!! I've always enjoyed the sound going back to film scores "Spellbound" and "the Day the Earth Stood Still" - "Forbidden Planet" was first to use an entirely electronic music score although it was done with tone generators instead of Theremin. It was around then that electronic music composers started producing pieces and then a bit after that the Moog synthesizer came along with "Switched-on Bach" I find it all quite fascinating.

SickoRicko said...

jsstrand - I'm glad you enjoyed it. I enjoyed your trivia about the sound, especially the movie "Forbidden Planet" - I love that movie and have seen it many times. Did you catch Sheldon playing the Theremin on "Big Bang Theory"?

jsstrand said...

I need to mention that the Theraminist (is that a proper term??) in this performance is incredible with her pitch accuracy - not easy when you are playing air - I'm thinking that she may also be blessed with perfect pitch - in any case her musicality and interpretation is stunning-

SickoRicko said...

jsstrand - Your term sounded good to me. Yes, I could see by the concentration of her face that it took effort to play that thing.

uptonking said...

I have never heard one played so well. Fascinating.