WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Friday, July 24, 2020

2020.0724.0008...

Click on headline to read entire article, complete with links for possible assistance...


A federal eviction moratorium is ending. Here’s what renters should know.

The end of the four-month moratorium puts 12 million renters at risk of eviction as the pandemic continues to surge


For millions of America’s renters, there’s a cliff approaching.

Enhanced unemployment benefits that have kept many afloat will expire soon. The recession triggered by the pandemic is expected to be deeper and longer than initially forecast as coronavirus cases surge across the country.

And this week, a federal moratorium that had protected an estimated 12 million renters from eviction for four months is expiring.

“This is a cliff we don’t have to go over,” said David M. Dworkin, chief executive of the National Housing Conference, which has advocated for billions of dollars in rental assistance.

2 comments:

uptonking said...

I still have six rental properties. If it wasn't for the extra $600 in unemployment, I would have received no rent from any of my tenants. With this approaching, I have spoken with my partners and have told them that under no circumstances are we to pursue eviction due to non-payment. We have good renters right now. They are good people. They try hard. It makes no sense to alienate them. We own the houses outright, so, other than taxes and water? Meh. I would hope that more landlords would be so understanding. I have had to evict in the past. It is an ugly, long, drawn out ordeal. Expensive. And you're never happy, the tenant is never happy. There is enough unhappy in the world.

SickoRicko said...

uptonking - You sound like a wonderful human being!