WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Saturday, May 16, 2020

2020.0516.0001...

Many thanks to everyone who left messages of condolences during this time. I am very touched by you all! (One even made me cry.)



I gave much consideration toward flying to Nebraska to take care of my brother's legal things and to disperse his stuff. But because I'm in a high-risk group due to my age (nearly 69!) and health (HIV & COPD) I've decided against it. My brother's boss at the trailer court where he lived is trustworthy and very wonderful to have offered to help with these matters. There will be lots of phone calls and electronic signatures before things are settled.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've made a wise decision not to fly. This is not the moment to be cooped up in an airplane which recycles the air, particularly because you have significant risk factors. Guard your health, my friend.

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Sorry for your loss Rick.

uptonking said...

I can't imagine flying anywhere right now... unless it was to Cancun. Then I might be tempted. But even in the days before Covid 19 - flying was always a dicey gambit. If there wasn't an issue with the plane itself, then the service was lacking, or the other passengers were annoying as hell. Sorry you don't get to go through all your brother's things. You might have learned more about him. But you made the right decision. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

fred said...

Rick, Good Decision. So many of us are facing the worst parts of this New Normal. Hubby and I are 66 and 75, so travel? Now? Not so much. I know on many levels you would like to be there in person to deal with all the things that have or will arise, but, this is safer and better.

Hey Uptonking. Your thought is nice, but NOPE, not even Cancun at the moment. Still closed and will be until mid June. I, for one would not want to be one of the first guests there. It will be chaotic! We live about two hours away, and so many folks that normally are working there are here, at home with family. This will be the worst "Mexican Vacation Season" ever. (June, July, and into August.) Our cases are right now reaching the peak and going anywhere now is like being in a bad horror movie. Masks, Police, Check Points, you name it. We are happy at home and hope you can be!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your brothers passing. It has to be difficult, for sure.
A thought though, could his friends video his effects and send that to you to see if there might be something you would wish to have? They could then send it to you.
I know that is difficult, but you need to request an accounting of things, despite as awkward as that might be. Did he have a will?
From experience, people get weird, in a bad way, when money and/or possessions are involved.

Do take care.

Henri said...

Good morning, dear Ricky.
Always you are thinking in your brother, yo have taken the best decision. Take care, please and stay at home, with your loved Jerry, your friends, and a lot of friends you have here in your blog. My best hugs, my best kisses, dear friend. Henri.

SickoRicko said...

Anon @ 8:39pm - My brother did not have a will, but there's not a lot to disperse. I suspect the woman who will be doing the bulk of helping me will do FaceTime or Zoom for some things.

Fullmoonma said...

Hate to lose you too - take care! Love your blog!

whkattk said...

I am so, so sorry for your loss, Rick. The pandemic only makes sudden loss more difficult. I hope you are able to handle things quickly, and the virtual meetings are able to complete the necessary steps. Please accept my sincere condolences. Remember to take care of yourself through this difficult time. You have many, many of us here who care about you! Hugs, Pat