WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Saturday, April 04, 2020

2020.0404.0005...

1930 Floorola



1930s Fix For Stale Bread



It's no secret that money and food were tight during the Great Depression. If your loaf of bread went stale, there was a trick to bringing it back to life: re-baking it. First, slice the bread into pieces and drizzle hot water over it, then mash the bread up, reform it, and place it back in the oven.


If the economy continues to tank the way it's going, we may need to learn a few more of these tricks from our grandparents. Oh wait, they're probably dead. We are doomed.

3 comments:

whkattk said...

Re-use coffee grounds by spreading them on a tray and roasting the in the oven.... Used that trick during the 70's coffee issues and prices went through the roof. On a military salary, we did what we had to do.

Fullmoonma said...

I've been baking my own ciabatta bread for a few weeks - almost as good is the best French bread in town!. https://www.browneyedbaker.com/ciabatta-bread/ is the recipe I use.

SickoRicko said...

whkattk - That's a great idea!

Fullmoonma - I love home-baked bread! Thanks for the link.