WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Thursday, August 15, 2019

201908150545...

Today marks the 50th Anniversary of...















I wasn't even aware of this when I graduated
from High School in 1969.

4 comments:

whkattk said...

I was aware of it - but at 16, I was a bit too young to go. How I wish I could've been there, though.

Chris A said...

I was working for the summer in England that year so I didn't hear about what those "awful hippies" did till after I got back home.

fred said...

I was visiting family in Greenwich Connecticut when it was happening. Some of my new friends there asked me if I wanted to go with them. They had a car and needed more people to help with gas and all. I asked my Aunt and Uncle and you would have thought I had asked to murder a nun. All their repressed distrust and dislike of the "Dirty Hippies" erupted into the living room. Mind you, these folks were considered the Liberals in our family, but a crazy Music Festival in the woods? Never and certainly not with my young cousin. They made the mistake of asking me if I even knew who was playing, and I had a pretty accurate playlist. That made them even madder. They did relent when they realized I was not asking them to take me there. Told me to call my folks and get the OK, and they would let me go with these locals. Well, that was a Big No, so I was left with local Radio coverage, News reports and eventually when my friends returned, first person accounts. It had been too dirty and too loud and way to uninhibited for them, so they left almost as soon as they got there. Close, but not close enough. Many good memories!

SickoRicko said...

fred - What a well-written account! Thank you for sharing.