WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Post-1427...

I'd like to report that I'm having a good time, but I'm not. It's hot, humid, and boring here in Nebraska. Mom is gettin' old and has been through a lot of health problems. She prefers to keep the interior of the house at 80 degrees. If it weren't for her having a box fan, I'm sure I'd suffocate. My brother smokes like a train but at least he does it in his room. I get to sleep on the lumpy couch. Every year I come home I swear I'm gonna get a room at the motel across the street, only mom gets upset when I mention that. What's a dutiful son to do? (I'm just being grumpy right now.)

10 comments:

DeepBlue said...

Grumpy is good. Wallowing too. I give myself that luxury sometimes and I feel a little better afterward! ;)
You're a good son
Hugs
Jon

Anonymous said...

I have been there too. I just think of it as earning a few more extra brownie points for Heaven/the hereafter/nirvana....whatever it is. You are a good son and your mother loves the time you spend with her as all our mothers depend on us gay sons.

karl said...

I hear ya, Rick...my own mum is nearly 80 and constantly needs attention [ my attention....Im pretty sure this is why witness protection was invented ] she feels the cold all the time even during a heatwave. I love her dearly but you know...horrendous!

Mike, Studio City said...

My mom and I got along real well BUT, she could put my mood in a place I did not like to be. I think it doesn't matter if you are a son or daughter, our moms can work our last good nerve. Hang in there, Denver is still in your plans, right??

Howard in CT said...

I feel your pain, Ricko.
You are not "on vacation" - you are being the good son.
Can't wait til you get home - 'specially since you won't be able to post from Denver.

CHIN UP, Man!! We are all here waiting for you!!

Anonymous said...

Sure wish I could still complain like this. My mother is dead.

Mike, Studio City said...

My mom is dead also but it has not stopped me from complaining. I'm still alive and I've got plenty to still talk about.

SickoRicko said...

DeepBlue - Thanks for the kind words. I have a tendency to wallow in the grump zone too much though.

Anon - I know she loves it when I'm here so I bite my tongue most of the time. But sometimes I let it out and it ain't pretty.

Karl - Mom's 78 and has thyroid trouble and weighs only 97 pounds. She's survived breast cancer, one-third of her stomach removed, a broken arm, and most recently, lung cancer. All this in the last five and a half years.

Mike - She doesn't mean to do it, but you know how it is. Yes, Denver is still in the plans.

Howard - Thanks to you too. I'm hangin' in there as best I can!

Anon - I knew there'd be someone out there who'd say that. And I'm sure I'll say it, too, when the time comes.

Mike - I was born to complain.

Anonymous said...

Ya know, I have to be the one to say that you SHOULD get a hotel room next time. Give yourself somewhere to relax and unwind. Also would make it so you wouldn't be so miserable when you were there.
I bet you would enjoy visiting your mother and your brother a bit more that way.
But that's just me. lol

SickoRicko said...

Greg - I like your idea a lot! I think of it every year.