WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.
The day just got darker because one of our brightest lights is with us no more. I am beyond sad. Filled with wonderful memories of our Dolly and the joy she brought to everyone. A true "Christian" woman in every sense of the word. How strange to think that people like her leave too soon and others overstay their welcome far too long. Good bye Dolly, see you around in the cosmos sometime.
ReplyDelete💧💔
ReplyDelete-Rj
I had a sense yesterday after hearing she was ill again on the news...the gig was going to be up. My gut is always right. This passing hit me hard. We need far more humans like Dolly. What an example of how to live and have an outlook on life.
ReplyDeleteScott from Massachusetts said.
ReplyDeleteI'm with your guys, the day just got darker. I too been hearing she has not been feeling well, but still the news of her passing hit hard. Always seemed cheerful in any interview I've seen of her over the years. Oh and of course her singing and acting was great. Loved her duet with Melissa Manchester singing "Midnight Blues", and of course "Islands in the Stream" with Kenney Rogers. We will always love you Dolly, RIP!
This is a "where were you when" day for me. I was in the car and heard it on the radio on NPR. In the next sentence they announced that funding had been restored for hear kids reading program in my state. She used her kindness to create the Imagination Library to support kids. Always giving back! What a lesson for us all.
ReplyDeleteI've been blubbering off and on all day. So lucky to have seen her in concert back in the early 90s. She was one of my hire powers.
ReplyDeleteRIP love! 💔
ReplyDelete