WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.
2026.0708.0001-Wednesday...
No.3 is just that kind of people we got rid of in our society back in the 60's. In province of Québec the Catholic Church and the politicians were letting us in the dark, controlling education as something only for wealthy ones. BUT we elected Jean Lesage leader of our Liberal party who began what we called "La Révolution Tranquille" (The Quiet Revolution). It got us out of the "Great Darkness" and opened us to a new era and to the world.
ReplyDeleteSpain did a similar thing. Get the Church out! Hell, get religions out entirely!
DeleteJiel, thanks for mentioning this, I'm gonna go researching that development. And Jean Lesage, la Révolution Tranquille, and the Liberal party! I'd also love to see the USA enact something like the 3rd Republic law in France that formally separated church from state. Vive les révolutions!
DeleteThese are great Ricko
ReplyDeleteLeftField - Thank you.
DeleteSous la Troisième République en France, la séparation des Églises et de l’État a été instaurée par l’adoption de la loi du 9 décembre 1905.
ReplyDeleteCette loi constitue la pierre angulaire de la laïcité en France et a fait ses preuves ; c’est un texte législatif majeur qui a servi de modèle à d’autres nations.
-Beau Mec à Deauville 🇫🇷
Beau Mec - I wish they'd do that here!
DeleteYep, very glad to see #3 -- it's the reason that at age 17 I walked out of the Roman Catholic faith after hearing a local bishop's "get out the vote" letter read from the pulpit, in which he made clear (without ever explicitly endorsing a candidate by name) which dude he wanted to win an upcoming primary contest for the Democratic nomination to a U.S. Senate seat later the same year. Personally, I favored that guy too but didn't reside in that state and wasn't near old enough to vote -- but it just frosted me that these clerics wanted to play politics yet remain tax-free. I've never once regretted shit-canning that crowd and have lived several happy decades by my own wits and none other!
ReplyDeletemark - Thanks for a great comment.
Delete