WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Post-9446...

ATTENTION: You'll notice that a bunch of pix have been deleted. This is not the fault of Blogger; it's a very unfortunate mistake on my part.

recently switched from a flip phone to an Android smart phone and discovered - much to my dismay - that every picture I've ever posted to my blog got put on this new phone. Damn Google+!!

In my zeal to get them off of the phone, I've somehow managed to delete them here. It's going to take me quite some time to correct this.

What a huge bummer!

P.S. - I've checked, and this affects everything for the past year and a half, up to the middle of December 2013. Older than that seems to be unaffected. It's WAY too much for me to to try to reconstruct. I'm practically distraught and slightly sick to my stomach over the situation. At this point I don't know whether to delete everything and continue here, or just start a new blog at NibbleBit. I'll take any suggestions under consideration.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

how unfortunate... shoulda went with iPhone

SickoRicko said...

Anon - If the iPhone hadn't been so prohibitively expensive, I would have.

Anonymous said...

love your blog - press on, don't quit now; maybe you can't rebuild what's lost but you can create new stuff that's as good or even better

JohnFS said...

Don't beat yourself up over it. New tech gets to everyone even the pro's. Maybe your phone/network supplier can give you some answers.

Anonymous said...

Don't beat yourself up over it, new tech gets to everyone even the pros. Maybe your phone supplier/network can give you some answers. John

Unknown said...

Sorry can't help!

O!Daddie said...

Hi Rick- same thing happened to me with a Walkman. Regarding what to do and knowing you, you will probably not be happy with the level of pictorial control at another site. (I've tried a few and they are not as good) Why not just continue with Blogger??

As you have discovered, all of your Blogger pics are saved automatically in Picasa. Check out this link:http://www.blogxpertise.com/2011/10/where-do-my-images-get-stored-when-i.html

You also might want to start backing up your blog once a week - instructions are on Blogger. Have you done this in the past year? If so, you can restore your blog to that point.

If you do decide to go elsewhere, you can have your readers automatically sent to the new site with the inclusion of a css command (I can give you this)

Good luck and dont sweat the small stuff,

XXX000

SickoRicko said...

O!Daddie - Thanks for all this great info! Yeah, from what I've learned from dabbling with other hosting sites, I have little control. But at this point I'm teaching myself to not care.

I'll check out that link when I'm less foggy in the head. I knew pix went to Picasa, but the problem I'm having is that because of Google+, they're being sent to my phone, and if I delete them off the phone, they get deleted from the blog.

I've never backed up my blog cuz I couldn't figure it out. I'll look again later.

Kyle said...

would tumbler be any better?

SickoRicko said...

Kyle - Tried Tumblr once but couldn't figure them out. I'm not that computer savvy, after all. So I've gone with NibbleBit and have been getting more used to how it works. Not as flexible but workable. I'll announce the new URL in a couple of days, then in a couple of weeks I'm deleting this blog.