WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Friday, October 07, 2022

2022.1007.0003...

Scarlett

Scarlett was a former stray cat who is known for her efforts to save her kittens from a fire. On 30 March, 1996, Scarlett and her five kittens were in an abandoned garage in Brooklyn when a fire broke out. The New York Fire Department were called and extinguished the fire. One of the fire­fighters, David Giannelli, was the first one to spot Scarlett carrying her kittens away from the garage. She had been severely burned in the process of saving her kittens, so much so that her eyes were blistered shut.

Scarlett and her kittens were all adopted. Scarlett passed away in 2008.

6 comments:

Milleson said...

Had I the opportunity, I would have adopted Scarlet and her kittens. That's quite the different color combinations in that litter. I don't know much about feline pregnancy but Scarlet must have been a very popular cat in her neighborhood. Just sayin'...

SickoRicko said...

Milleson - You made me chuckle.

JiEL said...

@milleswon,

Female cats have two uteruses and can be breeded by many different male cats during their «hot» times.

Back in 1976 I rescued a siamese female which reveiled to be pregnant. She gave me 4 siamese like male kittens and ONE tiny black and white female.

In this piv of Scarlertt's kittens I can spot thant the one near her seems to be a siamese like for its colors.

Anonymous said...

Scott from Massachusetts said...

Made me chuckle too, Scarlett was quite the alley cut. But what an amazing story. Motherly instinct kicks when protecting their own. I'm so happy that she lived over a decade after the fire.

You guys are amazing for your rescue missions.

Milleson said...

Thanks , JiEL, for that info. I did not realize that female cats had 2 uteri. It's a good thing female humans don't have 2, would be a dead giveaway that she's been messing around with other, ahem, tomcats! (:-P

uptonking said...

That is so sad... please donate your time and money to animal rescue agencies and have your pets spaded and neutered!