WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Friday, August 19, 2022

2022.0819-Insert-001...

I just found out that August 17th was...

Black Cat Appreciation Day

In the United States, August 17 is "Black Cat Appreciation Day". ...

Research by the ASPCA shows that black cats are the least likely to be adopted from shelters of any type of cat. This can be partly because of the superstition behind black cats such as their asso­cia­tion with witch­craft or bad luck, or because they appear dull next to more colorful cats. ...

Black cats have been found to have lower odds of adoption in American shelters compared to other colors except brown, although black animals in general take more time to find homes.


- SOURCE -



(ALL of my cats have been black.)

11 comments:

BatRedneck said...

I've had two black cats: Bouchon (cork, can't remember why I named it like that), and Arthur.
Both were smart, independent yet very affectionate. You could could have swore they had been Siamese in a previous life :-)
Black cats are definitely underrated.

manrico said...

Not all of my cats have been black, but most of them. I got two 5-year-old long-hair rescue black cat brothers during the Pandemic. They are very friendly and sociable - I'm afraid someone will be so s,itten that they nab them. They go and visit most of the neighbors, who all really like them. Some have said they are more like dogs (which they meant as a compliment). Bravo i gatti neri!

SickoRicko said...

Manrico - Our cat follows me around so much that I sometimes call him my "Puppycat".

SickoRicko said...

Laurent - Definitely underrated. (I like the name Arthur.)

GF said...

My current cat is black, fourteen years old. His green eyes
just jump out at you and you can't turn away.

LeftField said...

The cat who lives with me is named Blackie the Gray. He was a little farm kitty who decided it was nicer indoors. He specialized in rodenticide.

Unashamed Male said...

My current cat is black (and spayed –– I'm a responsible pet owner). Because of her all-black color and the way that cats behave, I named her Ninja.

Anonymous said...

Ma voisine a un chat noir nommé Eole , c est une véritable boite a ronron , il est adorable il suit ces maîtres partout , avec les enfants c est une poupée de chiffon....et pourtant je suis sur que ma mere l aurait détesté a cause de la superstition...

SickoRicko said...

GF - Yeah, their eyes are mesmerizing.

LeftField - I love stories like that.

Larry - Ninja is a very good name.

Anon@10:01pm - La superstition a tué de nombreux chats noirs.

Will said...

I often refer to my black cat Benjamin as my shadow because he follows me around so much.

SickoRicko said...

Will - Our cat does that with me, too.