WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Tuesday, April 05, 2022

2022.0405.0002...


1937 Duesenberg Model J

It was pointed out to me that the original year of 1938 that I had for this car was incorrect. However, here's some interesting information from Wikipedia:

Duesenberg ceased production in 1937 after Cord's financial empire collapsed. However, between 1937 and 1940 two automobiles put the final touch to this historic marque. The first one was delivered by the coachbuilder Rollson to the German artist Rudolf Bauer in April 1940; it is both the longest Duesenberg and the last one delivered. The last one ever made was assembled from leftover parts between 1938 and 1940.


1949 Saab 92

1958 Chrysler 300D






6 comments:

whkattk said...

65 - 66 Chevy Impala - yep, a favorite!

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna have to question the date of the Duesenburg - the company went out of business in 1937. (see Wikipedia) (K.uk)

SickoRicko said...

Pat - My first car in high school was a '65 Chevy Bel-Aire.

SickoRicko said...

K.uk - Thanks for noticing. I will change the year. However, what I learned through Wikipedia I've added as an interesting factoid.

uptonking said...

1949 SAAB! I remember, see, our house in town backed up to where they put all the cars that had been in accidents (yes, we were trash) and we kids would play in them (unless there was blood on the wind shields). There was an old, old SAAB. I fell in love with that car. Kizzes.

SickoRicko said...

upton - It had great lines.