WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Wednesday, September 01, 2021

2021.0901.0010...

I've struggled with depression for a number of years but have been feeling especially despondent lately with the state of this country specifically and, indeed, the entire world. These gave me a chuckle so I hope they give you one, too...








Perhaps now would be a good time to tell you about a wonderful YouTube video I found at Infidel753. I knew the name H P Lovecraft but was not familiar with his work. The video is very, very strange and I loved it so much that I added it to the bottom of this page. I think the graphics are fabulous. It's best viewed on full screen.

6 comments:

JiEL said...

No.3 So true. I have a video where thay give an «old phone» with a rotary mecanism to 3 teenagers. They were so puzzled to how to make a phone call.

Infidel753 said...

I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling despondent. I understand that it's easy to be pessimistic, but for myself I've found that taking a wider perspective can help.

Consider what things were like just a few decades ago. No abortion rights, no same-sex marriage, homosexuality actually illegal in most of the country, Jim Crow laws in effect, etc. Yes, abortion rights and voting rights are under attack, but there's no prospect of things being rolled back as far as they were in, say, 1950. Things are basically moving in the right direction. There are sometimes reverses, but the general trend is clear.

A quarter of the US population now self-identifies as non-religious, which would have seemed unthinkable just twenty years ago. The fundies are so militant and energized because they know they're losing the culture war and their numbers are in steep decline. Their power is a Potemkin façade built on rapidly-rotting foundations.

We survived four years of Trump as president. Now he's out.

Our opponents are a shrinking minority whose continued power depends on us honoring the rules of a political game which they themselves constantly cheat at. Not a very secure position, if you think about it.

Covid-19 has been terrible, but science gave us a powerful weapon against it -- the vaccines -- with unprecedented speed. If some refuse to use it, well, most of the suffering yet to come will be self-inflicted, and endured mostly by people who hate our guts.

Thanks for the link, and I'm glad you found the video interesting. I've long been intrigued by the Lone Animator's work.

SickoRicko said...

JiEL - I've seen that video. I think their ignorance was staged.

Infidel753 - You are very good at seeing that wider perspective, and I need to hear from people like you to help pull me back from the edge. Thanks for the points you mentioned, they are helpful.

whkattk said...

These are great. Thanks, Rick. I needed the laughs...and the "awwwww" over the puppies in the truck. It's been a very depressing 20 months....

Oooo, Lovecraft wrote some very weird and wonderful stuff.

Unknown said...

YAY Muppets. I for one miss the show.

uptonking said...

Great memes. All around. Thanks for the giggles.