WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Post-6385...

In my previous life I was a proofreader. The "it's" one is my biggest peeve.

BTW, I should let everyone know that I'm mostly well, although I'm still taking antibiotics for my prostate for another week. My lower back is not quite 100% but I'm planning to go back to work on Monday anyway because I've been absent for a month.










6 comments:

O!Daddie said...

Glad you're better.. was at my PCP last week and mentioned that maybe I got a prostate infection since I'm peeing like crazy.. she rolled her eyes, looked at me and said frostily, .. UNLIKELY. (it's cuz I've been a very bad boi with diabetes compliance)

..BTW, I am a medical transcription editor these days.. shit like this drives me batty, and my peeps are HIGHLY trained.

Larry said...

Rick, many thanks for this posting. Misuse of these common English words (and many more too numerous to mention) drive me batshit. Correct usage of the language is not too much to ask for someone posting on the Internet. It is amazing how many would-be authors submit books for publication on Kindle that are riddled with these specific errors.

Wallis said...

I, too, wince at these grammatical atrocities. One of my favorites: between you and I. And then the whoever/whomever problem. "I will give the book to whoever wants it" -- not "to whomever wants it." And there are so many more ...
P.S. I am happy to hear you are feeling beter.

SickoRicko said...

O!Daddie - I hope you get your peeing under control by being a good boy with compliance.

Larry & Wallis - Yeah, these are the simple ones if a person would just stop and think. I will admit, however, that I still get hung up on "who/whom."

karl said...

Correct pronunciation is a staple of how we British speak, tho not everyone agrees, sadly.

glad things are looking up for you health-wise, Rick.

SickoRicko said...

Karl - Thanks.