WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Monday, April 15, 2024

2024.0415.0002...

Titanic Remembrance Day






Just five days after the sinking of the Titanic in 1912, Vincent Astor - son of John Jacob Astor IV, who went down with the ship - proposed locating and blasting apart the wreckage of the Titanic with dynamite. He hoped that the explosion would dislodge the body of his father, sending it back up to the surface.


5 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

Who knew there was such a day. I swear we have a day for everything and anything don't we? I swear, I have never heard of 3/4 of them.

JiEL said...

This is what happens when human are over thinking that their technologies are disaster proof.
USA has a long history of those mistakes and many other countries also with trains, bridges, buildings with flaws. Nothing is perfectly disaster proof.

For USA just of one example only remember the shuttles Columbia and Chalenger for when engineers didn't even take secure decisions to avoid those to explode.

Another latest one is the Dali containers ship going without engines on that bridge.
Why in that port, no tug boats aren't leading them pass that bridge AND no protections were their to protect it...

Anonymous said...

Scott from Massachusetts said.

I didn't know they actually had a day for it. But I do think about that terrible tragedy more than I like to admit. Especially if I'm walking up in Ogunquit Maine walking along the shoreline and thinking and seeing the moon lit water.

stache said...

I think they should continue to let it disintegrate.

SickoRicko said...

Stache - I don't think there's any choice.