WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Thursday, October 06, 2022

2022.1006.0001...

My brain is experiencing some dissonance now...

Most Americans don’t plan to get a flu shot this season — lots of them say they’ll mask to avoid germs instead


Here are some of the top reasons adults gave for not getting vaccinated this season:

  • 41% think flu shots don’t work very well 
  • 39% are concerned about the vaccine’s side effects 
  • 28% say they never get the flu 
  • 24% are concerned about getting the flu from the shot 
  • 20% do not think influenza is a serious illness

Click on headline above to read the entire article.

9 comments:

Milleson said...

We have to face the fact that we will be dealing with this kind of ignorance and doubt concerning the efficacy of vaccines from now on. This is yet another lethal side effect of the previous administration's ability to mislead its addlepated constituency with lies, alternative facts and FOX ?News?. There will be no reasoning with these people, but I have mentioned to several anti-vaxxers I know that it's a good thing their parents didn't think the way they are thinking now because many of them would have died or been paralyzed for life during the polio epidemic in the 50s. The walking brain-dead are certainly among us.

SickoRicko said...

Milleson - What an unfortunate fact that human intelligence is not moving forward these days.

whkattk said...

Back in the days of live vaccines, during my military days, those shots made me sicker than a dog. The vaccines they use now don't use the live virus and we do get the flu shot now --- even during the pandemic and wearing of masks.
Tomorrow we go for the double-whammy: The new Covid AND the flu. It'll be a weekend in bed because they'll make us tired, but worth it. Better a couple days sleeping than a week or more with flu symptoms - or hospitalized with Covid.

whkattk said...

@ Milleson - Faux News is now the PR wing of the GOP. CNN appears to be getting more and more supportive of conservatives...can they be far behind as they chase the ratings and $$$?

SickoRicko said...

Pat - I got the "double whammy" on Tuesday and all I have to show for it is two sore arms. I consider myself lucky because I've heard that getting both at the same time has made people ill for a few days.

Milleson said...

I also received the "Double Whammy" on Monday and have not encountered any side effects(sore arms, fatigue, headache, etc.) I came home, ate lunch, mowed the lawn, watered plants and then took a 2 hour nap. I guess I'm lucky that way. I might recommend that anyone hesitant to get these two vaccines to have something in your tummy before and eat/drink good meals and fluids after the shots. I'll let Pat @ whakattk fill us in on the healthy things to do to get through these shots with little consequence. And yes, Pat, I watch very little TV news now, but have noticed CNN's right leaning sympathies lately. I have to wonder how much longer Anderson Cooper will work there.

Rad said...

I got both the flu and Covid booster last week. Other than slightly sore arms at the injection point, no problems.

I just don't give a shit how people react to vaccines any more. Morons will be morons. I will keep mine current.

Jimbo said...

I'm up for my "double whammy" in a couple of weeks and I can't wait. With so many poorly adapted morons running around loose, you can't be too careful anymore!

whkattk said...

@ Milleson - Don't know how long Anderson Cooper will stay. Don Lemon was just pulled from his Primetime slot to Daytime. It does not bode well for either of them.