WARNING: This blog contains copious amounts of adult GAY material. If that's offensive to you, please leave now. All pix have been gleaned from the internets so, if you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

I REPEAT: If you see a picture of yourself that you don't wish to have posted here, please leave a comment on the post and I will remove it with my apologies.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Post-15087...

Crater Lake National Park
Turns 116 today











When doing research this morning I ran across this last interesting picture and the photographer explains it:

A giant swirl of pollen had formed on the surface of crater lake. I was fortunate to be there at the right time and able to capture it before it disappeared; it is an eddy. They frequently form near obstructions like the headland on the left. The headland deflects the wind, and since the wind is driving the surface currents, it deflects the water too. Air or water moving in a circular motion will develop a vortex like that. Sometimes you can even get long chains of them in open water.

To read some history of the park, go HERE.

5 comments:

Xersex said...

is it in a Paradise?

Anonymous said...

Thank you for these wonderful pics. Life gets better seeing what Nature has done and still does to fascinate us. Venetian anonymous

SickoRicko said...

Xersex - It's in southern Oregon, but I've never been there.

Rand10dck said...

My family when there when I was a wee lad (about 2) and I swear I remember it even though I don't remember much at that age. It might be from a picture of my sister and me and a friend. In the first pictures I kept thinking wow I really didn't think the "island" (I guess you called it the headland) was that huge I remember it smaller. than when I seen the last pictures showing crater rim from the sky you see the headland is as huge as it looks in the first pictures.

https://www.blogger.com/switch-profile.do said...

Gorgeous!